Today I am thankful….
This week I was asked if as a “Scorpio” I am a private person, my reply was, “maybe, sometimes”. The person asking me laughed and said well even your reply is somewhat private. I was unaware how private I actually am until I started to think about it! 🙂 It also made me realise that there is an awful lot that goes on (in all of our lives) that many others are not even aware of. So for the day that is in it, I want to make public what I am extremely thankful for….
- I am thankful for my family. Life would not be the same without them. Our two boys have brought us the most amazing happiness and I will always feel extremely blessed that they made it into our lives and this world.
- I am thankful for my mum who puts up with all of our chaos even though I am now 35 LOL.
- I am thankful for my friends. The one’s who probably don’t even realise how much I love and respect them, but I know and that’s all that matters 🙂
- Hugs, but they have to be more than 20 seconds long! There is scientific research to show the health benefits.
- Our (work in progress) home. It is full of love, provides warmth, shelter and a place for the kids to play. As we face into the cold weather (and as homelessness is a topic that fires us up as a family), I am thankful that we are able to have these “basics”.
- The smell of coffee brewing, it is a simple thing but it makes me feel good!
- My career. I work hard and long unsociable hours, but it is at something that I enjoy. I am lucky to have the opportunity to do that. I couldn’t be in a 9 to 5, I would go completely insane!!!
- Being able to work with my husband (even though sometimes I want to strangle him LOL!). But we make a great team and we keep each other on our toes with our competitive natures!
- My health and the wake up calls it gives me when I need to slow down! (I do listen (most of the time!) I promise!).
- Random acts of kindness. They are the best!
- A heartfelt thank you note. If someone takes the time to write, it really brightens my day!
- I am thankful for LOVE, for without it what would there be? I wouldn’t have a family, a career, or a story to tell! 🙂
What are you thankful for today?